Sign In Forgot Password

April Board Report

By: Joe Widman
During the board meeting of April 25, the board and congregation were introduced to our new communications manager, Stefanie Caliri, who succeeded Lori Skope. The board expressed appreciation for Skope's work. The board heard about a recent grant the synagogue received regarding campus security and designated Michelle Masjedi to serve as the backup agent to Beryl Strauss for purposes of administering the grant. Masjedi led a discussion of current COVID policies and procedures, in anticipation of a May 4 meeting of the Safety and Security Task Force. Board president Stacey Sharp explained the recent work of a membership task force. The board approved three requests concerning the B'nai Simcha preschool, including to allow installation of certain items on the shul's exterior near the preschool, and to donate some abandoned computer keyboards. Sandy Hartford provided an update on the Centennial Capital Campaign. The board commended Robert Brown Jr. for his outstanding recent work in Alex Beck’s absence.


 

L'Dor V'Dor Board Report
By: Alan Whitman, Managing Director, Morgan Stanley

The L'Dor V'Dor portfolio is a blended portfolio comprised of both equities (stock) and fixed income (bonds). The portfolio is weighted (divided) approximately so that equities account for around 60% of the total account value and fixed income accounts for the remaining 40%. That number is not fixed, but is the target we aim for with the understanding that I can decrease the equity and increase the fixed income weighting at my discretion. All of the fixed income is investment grade rated and is comprised of both U.S. Government paper as well as corporate bonds. Up to 90% of the income that is generated by the portfolio can be drawn upon by the synagogue with board direction each year. The other 10% of the income is retained within the account in order to help grow the size of the endowment. The investments within the portfolio are liquid and can be traded during market hours each day. The investments within the portfolio are liquid and can be traded during market hours each day. The value of the portfolio at the end of the year was $9,469,622.06. The performance for the year was a plus 15.43% net.

Tue, June 28 2022 29 Sivan 5782